In biblical history seven is the number of completeness and perfection. In completing the perfect Install “The AC Guy of Tampa Bay” has Seven Installation Standards that go beyond minimum code, go beyond the even more complete ACCA Quality Installation Standard and The EPA Energy Star Standard to deliver the perfect combination of value and longevity and perfection to your install. They are as follows:
1. All condensers and AHU’s where applicable are on vibration isolator pads: This ensures the units are not making direct contact with the pads they are sitting on. This allows proper drainage of moisture away from the units and air to flow under units to ensure units stay dry and do not promote corrosion. This means longer system life!!
2. Corrosion Grenade corrosion inhibitor on condenser: This serves as a sacrificial technology to prevent the corrosion of the surrounding metals and components. This technology has been used for years in all facets of commercial and industrial systems particularly water heaters but allows your system to resist corrosion better and in a salt rich environment that can really add years to its life!
3. Surge Protectors: We live in the lightning capitol of the world and surges happen every day. They consistently damage and shorten the life of AC components and systems. Adding surge protectors to both the inside and outside components of your system helps protect your system from these damaging effects and can extend its life by years!
4. Compressor Start Assist: This item was once standard on every A/C system manufactured but as manufacturers continued to look for ways to reduce costs they were pretty much removed from most products on the market except as an optional accessory. The thing about them is that they reduce the starting load on the compressor by as much as 50%. That leads to significantly less wear and tear on the compressor and dramatically improved system life. The cost savings of not having this on your system is meaningless if it can mean years of more life!
5. Nitrogen purged lines and Flushed with Solvent: Another largely overlooked but hugely important item to the lifespan of your system. More than 90% of our competitors do not take this critical step in the installation process. Failure to do this essentially leads to leaving a sandy residue like sand paper floating inside your system which will wear out your system from the inside out. It doesn’t cause any issues upfront but 5 to 10 years down the road it can causes huge issues leading to component and system failures!
6. Duct Seal: This item was incorporated into the 2010 building code and then removed after a year as being too hard to incorporate. What? This is a very important step as it helps ensure you are not losing air out of leaky ductwork into the attic. We take the time to inspect all accessible ductwork and ensure all joints and seams are sealed with mastic and that the boots are sealed to the ceiling. This has huge implications for energy costs as it is estimated that as much as 50% of American homes are suffering from duct losses of 25% or more. That’s a lot of wasted energy!
7. System Commissioning: This item is not part of code but is in the QI and Energy Star standards for new construction. Why not for a replacement? This is a systematic detailed setup of the system airflow and refrigerant on your system. All readings are measured and documented. Again more than 90% of our competitors are not taking the time to do this but carrying it out ensures your system is properly set up and you can expect years of reliable operation and reduced system failures!
7 Additional Guarantees and benefits of “Sevens” Standard Systems from The AC Guy of Tampa Bay!
- “Buy it Back” guarantee: We promise that the system we install for you to our “Sevens” standard will be the best installation you can possibly get and we guarantee your 100% complete satisfaction. If your’ not completely happy with your system even up to one year after we’ve installed it we promise to buy it back from you!! Where else can you get a system installed with that kind of promise and “return” policy?!
- Financing available on all “Seven’s” standard systems WAC. 12 months Same as cash available or Full financing with approximate monthly payment of $13.50 per $1000 financed
- Minimum Energy Savings Guarantee: When replacing your existing 10 year old or older system with a new 16 SEER or higher “Sevens” Standards system we guarantee you will save a minimum of 20% on your annual heating and cooling costs (based on Duke Energy estimates that a homes annual heating and cooling costs make up 60% of your total bill) or we will refund the difference for one year. If installed on existing ductwork the ducts must have passed the HVAC Commissioning and duct seal test or have been corrected to qualify.
- Power company rebates of up to $800 available for 18 SEER and higher System as well as Federal Tax credit available of $300 thru 12/31/16
- No Corners cut to deliver the highest quality installation possible. We also go to great lengths to protect your home including using drop cloths and floor protectors and we always clean up after ourselves
- First Year of Free VIP membership (2 visits) on all Sevens Standard systems (filters and UV bulbs not included). 2 years of VIP membership on 20 SEER systems
- We have proved ourselves to be among the best and our reviews and ratings show it. We have a BBB A+ rating and are BBB Accredited. We have an A rating on Angie’s list and we have over 47 reviews on Home Advisor with a 4.99 average out of 5 possible stars